Sunday, March 9, 2008

Friend's Birthday Party at Englishtown, NJ


Was out whole day on last Saturday...I shall say it was a birthday/shopping trip to New Jersey.

As usual, we all went for breakfast at the Chinese Restaurant call 食为天.
They have nice Malaysian Traditional cuisine (饺子,木薯糕,炸年糕,碗仔糕,芋头糕,番薯糕,kuih talam and etc.) every morning, they could be considered as one of the restaurants in Manhattan Chinatown that offer delicious typical Malaysian food - my favorites!

Of course, these Malaysian traditional cuisines are not the only selling point of the coffee shop. They also offer Nasi Lemak, Laksa, 肠粉, and many more. You may find out more by yourself when you visit Manhattan Chinatown next time! It is located between Allen St and Grand St (not too confirm with Grand St, will check it out and update you soon!)

Partying time!!
What Chinese people usually do during a festival or celebration? Yes, no other better reason than to have "food gathering"!!! People will not only go for one round...it is like a home-style buffet, second and third round, will never run out of food :p
LEt see what we had during the party:

Barbecue pork, roasted chicken and duck, fried mee hoon, fried mee, curry chicken, prawn fruit salad, sushi, spaghetti, AND BIRTHDAY CAKE - Mango Mousse Cake from Fei Tat Bakery, Manhattan Chinatown.

It was nice to be invited...however, I am sorry to say that it could be bored to stay in the same room/house for the rest of the day...ESPECIALLY me, Siok Yin aka Rachel Tan! Never ever lock me in the house for a day...if you are trying to do so, a crazy girl that you should expect by the end of the day. No wonder my mom complains to my dad that I always go out to shopping or tea-ing time. There is no way for me to stay home for the whole day besides EXAM time or when i am sick =p


After complaint to my uncle... (anak manja)
Yeap! I finally get to go shopping!!!!!
I felt like a princess who has a driver to send her off to the shopping mall and pick her up when she is done with her shopping spree.

好心痛哦。。。
荷包大出血了。。。

Must get a personal Financial Consultant soon...(although I am a finance joint bachelor degree holder, I can never control my budget well...- learning ....learning...give me some time!!)

My "driver"/friend, Jackie, dropped me off to the Freehold Raceway Mall which is located at
Route 9 South, NJ - 15minutes drive from my friend's house to the shopping mall.

Let see what online expert said about the mall:
"
There is a place for YOU, devoted to heightening your standards and maintaining your personal style! Freehold Raceway Mall's wide array of department stores, major chains and specialty boutiques ensures you will leave the mall with exactly what you were looking for!"
Quoted from: http://www.tripcart.com/usa-regions/Jersey-Shore/shopping-malls/Freehold-Raceway-Mall.html

What I could say about the mall is --- It is HUGE!!
There are 5 individual departmental stores, including JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, Lord & Taylor, and Nordstrom. Of course, that's not all. There are many boutiques along with the departmental stores, for instance, Ann Taylor, Banana Republic, Abercrombie, AE, Cache, Express, Gap, Forever 21, Charlotte Russe, Fossil, Bakers, Nine West, Aldo, Bandolph, Coach, Amuse Accessories store, Clair's, Bath and Body Works, The Body Shop, and so many more - US version of Malaysia Mid-Valley Mega Mall or One-Utama!

Here are items I got from the mall:


Surprisingly, black-out happened in this mega mall during evening time!!
I could see nothing, all became black in a sudden. Luckily I am not the only one in the store. If not, I will be the one to faint in the dark - hate of darkness.
The back-up power system went on after a few minutes =) Hooray!

However, the residential areas were still in the dark by the time we went back to my friend's house...Black-out might caused by the Thunderstorm in the evening.
哈哈,大家要享用烛光晚餐咯!
Well...it seemed like everyone enjoyed it pretty much~!
And lastly, we hope the birthday boy's dreams come true (Mom who will recover from sick-story will be continued) and be happy everyday!







No comments: