Friday, March 21, 2008

Rewards for myself!

People need to be rewarded for their hard works and recognition is a motivator (not only from others, most importantly, by themselves)!

As usual, I went to shopping after work just now. Sometimes, I really enjoy shopping alone…but only during day time. I myself also wonder why I feel so unsecured to go home alone at night. Therefore, I will usually get back to my apart before the day gets dark.

I saw a clothing shop is having sales on the way to the subway station at 34th Street, Manhattan. Unfortunately, it will be closing down soon. Well…this is not the only shop closing down in Midtown Manhattan. In fact, there are many clothing shops in Fashion District closing down one-by-one. Will these caused by the poor market performance in recent year? Or it is getting more competitive to stay strong in the fashion world?!

My personal opinion is both factors affected the retail sales. Plunging stock market, credit crisis, home mortgage issues, higher crude oil trading costs, higher inflation rate, weaker currency rate, higher CPI, lower employment rate, etc… all are contributing to the poor market performance which in turn reduce the sales in market. Conservative, less aggressive consumers would rather save more money for future than spending extra money in the market. Even aggressive consumers lower down their spending yet still maintaining their usual lifestyle. It reduces the volatility and prosperity of the market. Hence, consumers spending less amount of money on unnecessary stuffs, especially clothing and vacations.

Owners in the fashion market are not only affected by the prosperity of the market. They are also important for them to stay strong and tough in the fashion world. Weaker players will be kicked out of the market and stronger new comers will be the upcoming next players in the market. This is a basic rule in every business. Only new, creative, imaginative, consumer friendly, updated business will get to stay on the line. In order to survive in the market, they have to be creative in managing their business and then to attract buyers/customers. Good Luck!

Before the store is closing out, I managed to get myself a pair of cute and spring-feel sandals. I like the design and also the painting on the sandals, One of the “must-have” in Spring! =)


Shopped happily and went home for dinner!

Below is part of my old collection:



No comments: