Thursday, March 20, 2008

? A Should or Shouldn't Question ?

My uncle is going to visit his old friend who is leaving for H.K. this Saturday.

I have mentioned in the other day where we have a friend who diagnosed to pancreas cancer and only have about half a year to enjoy the rest of her life. It was a shocking news for her family and friends. She has went through many times of operation and medical checkup, but there was no signal of illness at all until her last checkup.

Everyone was numb when they heard the news, especially her husband and close friends. None of them seem to be prepared for this moment. 心里真的觉得很酸 (sour feeling)。
She seems so weak now...难道就只能在等死吗??

Should I pay a visit before she leaves for HK? It sounds like a "forever" farewell, instead of a party full of happiness and hopes. I hate this, but I have to face it no matter how.

What can i do??????

Even if I am a doctor, I have no medication for her at all.
Even if I am a priest, I can only pray hard for her.
Even if I am a good cook, I can no longer cook nice food for her.

What else can I do to make her feel better without feeling pain? How could I make her feel happier?

I am so useless, I can do nothing at all.

3 comments:

Snow Bell said...

yes, there's nothing u can do for her, but she definitely needs care and encouragement from people around her. so thats the only thing u can do for her. If you don't visit her this time, u will probably lose the chance forever. So cherish the final moment, even though she is not your closest friend. =)

Forever Princess said...

Thanks for your encouragement, Sye Lynn. Thank you.

Szillion said...
This comment has been removed by the author.